Accessibility Statement for Castle Hedingham Parish Council website
This website (www.castlehedingham.org) is run by Castle Hedingham Parish Council. We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
Castle Hedingham Parish Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Castle Hedingham Parish Council website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Accessibility of Castle Hedingham Parish Council website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
How accessible is this website?
On this website you can:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using your browser or device
- zoom in up to 300% using your browser or device without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Parts of this website that are not fully accessible
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some third-party embedded tools may not be fully accessible
- Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Images may not have useful alt text or be marked-up as decorative
- HTML may be used to format content
- A small number of pages do not have headings
- tables may not be formatted correctly to be accessible by screen readers
- images may not be free from text
Feedback & Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Castle Hedingham Parish Council website. If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print or easy read, or if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Castle Hedingham Parish Council website please contact us:
Phone: 07845 056597
Postal address: 25 Bayley Street, Castle Hedingham Essex CO9 3DG